International Adoption Program
International adoption offers couples and individuals the opportunity to add to their family by adopting a child from another country.
Some of the countries our families have adopted from include China, Haiti, Vietnam, Russia, India, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
As part of the process, The Maine Children's Home works toward adoptive placement in collaboration with licensed international adoption agencies that specialize in international adoptions. We provide all local adoption services to our Maine families looking to adopt.
The Maine Children's Home has formed relationships with several reputable international agencies that can assist you in adopting from abroad, or families can choose to work with a licensed agency of their choosing with our guidance.
International Adoption Program Steps
2. Pre-application interview
3. Application to the program
4. Educational study group participation
5. Written home study and updates as needed
6. Pre-placement coordination and networking with international adoption agencies
7. Interstate Compact services if necessary
8. Post-placement supervision
9. Finalization of the adoption
10. Post adoption services
For more information on our International Adoption Program or other adoption options that may be available to you, fill out our adoption inquiry form or call us at (207) 873-6350.