Christmas Program – 2016
Each year, the Christmas Program at The Maine Children's Home distributes boxes of gifts and clothing to approximately 1,700 financially disadvantaged children throughout the state. It is the only program of its kind that provides new toys, books, games and new, warm clothing to boys and girls throughout Maine.
We appreciate your efforts to help our Christmas Program this year. Here is how you can help:
Full Needs List (updated 11/28/2016)
Our Most Urgent Needs
- 12” super heroes and their vehicles/playsets
- Shimmer and Shine dolls
- Toys for boys & girls ages 3-12
- Complete outfits sizes 0-16 for boys & girls
- Infant and toddler VTech, Fisher Price developmental and sit to stand and ride on toys
- 500+ piece Lego sets for boys & girls ages 8-12
- Warm Pajamas for boys & girls sizes 2-16
- Craft kits including wood crafts, perfume making, nail art, etc. for boys & girls ages 3-12
- Paw Patrol, Ninja Turtles, Playskool Heroes, Peppa Pig or Frozen toys, Pokemon, Shopkins, Elmo, Thomas The Train
- Any Troll toys or Blaze The Monster Truck
- Reading books for all levels up to age 12
- Any RC truck, car or drone for ages 8-12
- Complete outfits sizes 0-16 regular (appropriate for winter months)
- Hat and mitten sets (depicting popular themes and characters)
- Warm pajamas sizes 0-12 (especially 6-16)
- Snow pants and jackets sizes 0-16
- Boots for ages 18 mos. to age 12
- Hand-knit mittens in solid colors
- Thinsulate-lined gloves and mittens
Gifts For Our Older Children (Ages 10-12)
- Lego sets of 500 or more pieces
- Model car and airplane kits
- Craft kits appropriate for ages 10-12 such as woodcrafts, pottery, soap making, paper crafts
- Good quality sketching pencils, drawing paper, paint sets, art kits, etc.
- Make-up kits
- Nail polish, manicure/pedicure kits
- Hair styling tools
- Family board games
- Themed bedding sets
Toys, Crafts, Etc.
- Family board games
- Ken & Barbie and houses, vehicles, playsets, etc.
- Matchbox and Hot-wheels play sets or tracks
- Any toy car, truck, airplane, motorcycle, etc.
- Any action figures (Spiderman, Batman, wrestling)
- Any toys or dress-ups from popular movies or shows like Frozen, Paw Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Elmo, Rescue Heroes, Star Wars, etc.
- Baby dolls, furnishings and accessories
- Sporting goods (scooters, skateboards, football, baseball, sleds, etc.)
- Any Disney- or Princess-related items
- Any infant and toddler developmental/lighted or musical toy (V-tech, Playskool, Fisher Price, etc.)
- Any play kitchens, play food, Easy Bake Ovens, etc.
- Dress-ups (princess, super heroes, fire fighters, etc.)
You may drop off or ship your items to Building #3 (Development) at: The Maine Children’s Home, 93 Silver St., Waterville, ME 04901.
We begin packing in October. There is no deadline, but the earlier you are able to donate, the better. Donations received after we finish packing on December 4 will be held in storage to help us build inventory for the following season. Donations are greatly needed and deeply appreciated all year long as we must build our inventory continuously in order to meet our needs. Please help us fulfill our needs by planning and donating early. All items must be newly purchased and in original packaging.
Thank you from the bottom of more than 1,700 little hearts!
- Cristen Sawyer, Christmas Program Director