Who We Are
The Friends of The Maine Children's Home is a service organization committed to providing support to The Maine Children's Home. The Friends are goodwill ambassadors that help promote fundraising activities as well as provide resources to help grow and maintain their six core programs.
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. in the Eskelund Community Center, located on our campus at 93 Silver Street, Waterville.
About The Maine Children's Home
The Maine Children's Home, established in 1899, is a multi-faceted organization that has grown to meet the needs of today's children and families. Services include:
- a Teen Parent School Program for pregnant and parenting teens
- The Children's Place, a comprehensive early care and education facility
- an outpatient mental health counseling center
- an Adoption Program offering birth parent services, home studies, and placement (domestic and international)
- Adoption counseling for birth parents, adoptive parents, and adoptees of all ages
- a Christmas Program
- a Summer Camp Scholarship Program
For more information regarding The Maine Children's Home and the services they provide, click here to view our programs or call (207) 873-4253.