The Maine Children's Home has been bringing children and Maine families together since 1899. Today, it is a multi-faceted organization that has grown to meet the evolving needs of those it serves. Our services include:
- The Hague-accredited Adoption Program, the longest-operating program of its kind in Maine, offering domestic and international adoption services, home studies, post adoption, and birth parent services
- The Children's Place delivering early care and education to children 6 weeks old to age 5
- The Harland A. Turner Counseling Center offering outpatient mental health counseling, specializing in play therapy and adoption counseling
- Adoption Counseling for people considering adoption as well as adoptive parents, birth parents, and adoptees of all ages
- The Sharon Abrams Teen Parent School Program providing counseling, guidance and education to pregnant and parenting teens
- The Christmas Program providing new clothing and toys to underprivileged children throughout Maine for the holidays
- Summer Camp Scholarships for more than 150 disadvantaged Maine children each year
To find out more about one of our programs, please click on the links above. We also encourage you to email us or call us at (207) 873-4253 so that we may speak with you in detail about how we can assist you or a loved one.
If you would like to join The Maine Children's Home family as a volunteer or donor, we invite you to visit our Volunteer Opportunities page to explore the many opportunities to assist. We welcome your support.
Internship Opportunities Available
The Maine Children's Home has an active internship program designed to provide undergraduates and graduate students with valuable hands-on professional experience. Internships are available through:
- The Adoption Program
- The Children's Place
- Development/Fundraising Department
- The Harland A. Turner Counseling Center
- The Teen Parent School Program
If you are a student or faculty member interested in learning more about Maine Children's Home internship opportunities, please email us or call (207) 873-4253.